- PREP TIME 10 MINS
- COOKING TIME 20 MINS
- SERVES 3-4
- 2 cups Long grained white rice
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup ghee
- 1/2 cup chironji coarsely ground
- 25 almonds blanched and chopped
- 25 Pistachios chopped
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg powder
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron soaked in 1teaspoon milk
- 4 cups milk
In a Pan add 1 cup of ghee, bring to melt add 2 cups long grained white rice. Mix it up nicely. Add 4 cups of milk. Give gentle mix with rice and milk. Don’t over stir the mix otherwise the long rice will break. Cover it; allow cooking for 5 to 10 minutes."
Once the rice is almost cooked and the milk is reduced then add the seasoning ¼ tablespoon nutmeg powder, 1 tablespoon cardamom powder, ½ tablespoon saffron milk. Give a gentle mix. And finally add the 2cups of sugar in to this."
Make sure that, the rice is fully cooked, the milk is reduced. It’s time to add the nuts, cashew, blanched almonds, chopped pistachios and some kismis. Mix it gently. Plate it. Garnish with nuts, cardamom and nutmeg powder."
Enjoy the Sweet Jaipur Mewa Chaval"
- Don’t add sugar in the beginning of cooking, otherwise the sugar will get caramelized and will change the colour of dish.
- Give a gentle mix otherwise the long rice will break and lose the look and feel of the dish.
- Take a proportionate quantity of rice and milk for the proper cooking. (i.e. one and a half cup of rice then milk should be two and a half cup of milk)