Learn how to make Palak paneer by chef Afraz Shaikh only on cookmydish.in.
- PREP TIME 8 MINS
- COOKING TIME 8 MINS
- SERVES 2
- 2 large bunches fresh spinach leaves (palak)
- 250 grams cottage cheese (paneer), cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1-2 Green Chillies
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1.5 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp chopped Garlic
- Salt to taste
- A few drops lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fresh cream + for drizzling
Method 1. Blanch spinach leaves in sufficient water for 30-40 seconds. Remove from heat and refresh in ice cold water. "
2. Squeeze out the excess water and grind into a fine puree with green chillies."
3. Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Add cumin seeds and sauté till it changes colour."
4. Add garlic, mix and sauté well. Add prepared spinach puree and little water and mix well."
5. Cut cottage cheese into large cubes."
6. Add salt, lemon juice and cottage cheese cubes, mix lightly and cook for 2-3minutes."
7. Add cream and mix well. Switch off heat."
8. Drizzle cream on top and serve hot. "
- Remove stems and wash the spinach thoroughly, till the water it is dipped into remains clean.
- Strain the spinach using a large strainer and turn it immediately over into the bowl of chilled water.By keeping it in chilled water helps Palak (Spinach) to maintain it’s original green color.
- Paneer should always be added at the last stage of the dish. Once the dish is done, then add paneer cubes or chunks and gently mix the paneer with the gravy base. Cook for 1 minute. Don’t overcook for more time as the paneer will become rubbery and hard.