1. Heat some water in a deep non-stick pan. Add mutton pieces, turmeric powder and ginger-garlic paste and mix. Add salt, mix, cover and cook till mutton is done. Drain in a bowl and reserve the stock."
2. To prepare paste, heat oil in a non-stick pan. Addcurry leaves, let it crackle and drain in a bowl. Switch off heat. "
3. To prepare the paste, slice garlic cloves and ginger."
4. Place the oil pan back on heat, add caraway seeds, peppercorns, star anise, green cardamoms, black cardamom, broken cinnamon, cloves, coriander seeds, remaining curry leaves, sliced ginger and garlic to hot oil and sauté for 1 minute."
5. Add onion and coconut and sauté for onion and coconut turns golden brown. Add turmeric powder and chilli powder and mix well. Transfer on a plate and cool. "
6. Heat oil in another non-stick pan. Add onion and sauté. Add dried red chillies and sauté till onion turns golden brown. "
7. Grind the sautéed spice mixture alongwithsomewater into fine paste. "
8. Add ground paste to the sautéed onion, mix and cook till the mixture slightly dries. Add cooked mutton pieces, mix and cook for 1-2 minutes."
9. Add salt and mix. Add crushed peppercorns, tamarind pulp, sugar and coriander leaves and mix. Add 1 cup reserved stock, mix and cook till the mixture boils. "
10. Add fried curry leaves and coconut, mix and cook for 1-2 minutes. "
11. Serve hot. "