- PREP TIME 10 MINS
- COOKING TIME 15 MINS
- SERVES 4
- 275 gms boneless rawas (cut into one & half inches)
- Oil for deep frying
- 1 tsp red chilly paste
- 1/2 juice of lemon
- 1 tsp Ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- pinch carom seeds
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 2 tsp gram flour
- 1 tsp refined flour
- pinch Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp chaat masala + to sprinkle
- 1/4 tsp chopped Garlic
- 2 tbsp eggless mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp coriander-mint chutney
Heat sufficient oil in a kadai."
Place fish in a bowl, add salt, red chilli paste, lemon juice, ginger paste, garlic paste and mix well and marinate for 30-45 minutes."
Add carom seeds, vinegar, gram flour, refined flour, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, chaat masala, garam masala powder and mix with hand. Add a little water if necessary."
The fish pieces should be well coated but the masala should be thick."
Gently slide in each fish pieces into hot oil and deep till deep golden. Drain on absorbent paper and sprinkle a little chaat masala over them."
To make the dip put eggless mayonnaise and coriander-mint chutney in a bowl and mix well. Pass the mixture through muslin cloth into another bowl. "
Serve fish hot with the dip."
- Apply salt to fish and rinse it well. Drain thoroughly. Mix all the ingredients except oil and apply to the fish so it marinates well.
- It’s always nice to serve fried fish with Onion wedges.
- Squeeze half a lemon on top of the fried fish as it helps digestion.