- PREP TIME 20 MINS
- COOKING TIME 30 MINS
- SERVES 4
- 1/4 cup bengal gram divide ((chana dal))
- 1/4 cup red kidney beans ((rajma))
- 1/2 cup black gram divide ((urad dal))
- 2-3 Green Chillies
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves
- 8 - 10 garlic flakes
- 4 tsp oil
- 3 medium sized tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 2 tsp medium size onions
- 1 kasoori methi
- 3 tsp Butter milk
- salt (Taste)
In a pot add all three dals (1/4 cup chana dal, ¼ cup rajma, ½ cup urad dal) cook altogether till the dals get cooked and soften."
Let’s melt 3 teaspoon butter in a pan, add sliced garlic, green chilies and sliced onions, mix it till light brown colour. Now add a teaspoon of red chilly powder, roasted jeera powder, 3 chopped tomatoes, toss it well and add some more butter and salt in to this. Cover it for some time."
Then add the boiled dhal mixture in to the tadka. Simmer it. Mix it well and keep for 5 minutes. Finally add some kasoori methi, chopped coriander leaves and a pinch of jeera powder. It’s time to plate the “Dhaabe di dal”, garnish with Methi Sprouts and enjoy with Jeera Rice or Roti."
- Soak the Dals overnight for fast cooking (or soak it for about 4-5 hours)
- To make it even easier, you could also soak it in boiling water for an hour before cooking.
- For the health conscious you can use vegetable oil instead of butter.
- Use Pressure cooker instead of using a pot to boil the dhal and can save energy.