- PREP TIME 15 MINS
- COOKING TIME 10 MINS
- SERVES 2
- 16 pieces chicken (750 grams of chicken)
- 1.5 cups Basmati Rice (Soaked and drained)
- 2-3 black cardamom (Salt to taste)
- 1 inch Cinnamon
- 1 bay leaves
- 2-3 Green Cardamom
- 3-4 cloves
- 2 tbsp ghee (Plus for drizzling)
- 1 tbsp caraway seeds (shahi jeera)
- 2 medium onions (sliced)
- 1 tbsp Ginger-garlic paste
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 tbsp biryani masala
- 3/4 cup Yogurt
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup browned onions + for garnishing (A generous pinch of saffron, soaked in warm water)
- 5-6 Green Chillies (slit)
- 1 inch fresh ginger (cut into juliennes )
- 2 teaspoons rose water (Whole wheat dough (atta) to seal)
Boil sufficient water in a deep non-stick pan. Add salt, black cardamoms, cinnamon, bay leaf, green cardamoms, cloves and Daawat Biryani Basmati Rice, cover and cook till the rice is fully done. Strain and set aside"
Heat ghee in a deep non stick pan, add caraway seeds and onions, mix and sauté till onions turn golden."
Add ginger-garlic paste and mix. Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and coriander powder, mix well and sauté for 2-3 minutes."
Add chicken pieces, salt, biryani masala, mix well and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add yogurt and mix. Add half the chopped coriander, half the mint leaves, half the browned onions and cooked rice. Spread the rice evenly."
Drizzle saffron water on top and add green chillies, ginger juliennes, remaining browned onions, remaining chopped coriander and remaining mint leaves. Drizzle some more ghee and rose water and top."
Roll the dough into a long cylinder and press onto the edges of the pan. Place the lid on top, press to seal and cook on low heat for 15-20 minutes."
Let it stand for 5 minutes. Open the lid and transfer the biryani onto a serving plate. Serve hot garnished with browned onions and mint sprig"