Today I am going to share with you a summer idea for your belly! Cucumber Bites a light and fresh summer appetizer. Cucumber slices are topped with a fresh dill cream cheese mixture, and finished with a juicy colored bell pepper. Parties and get-togethers are a great excuse to make some of the indulgent treats, like brownies and cookies and cheesy dips. I thought why not make a healthy, but still delicious, appetizer!!
- PREP TIME 20 MINS
- COOKING TIME 20 MINS
- SERVES 8-10
- 2 large English Cucumbers ( Cut in Circles and thin length wise)
- 250 grams Cheese Cream
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 tbsp Dill / Mint leaves (freshly chopped)
- 2 Red Capsicum, small pieces for garnishing
- 2 Green Capsicum, small pieces for garnishing
- Coriander leaves to garnish
- Salt + Pepper
1. In a medium bowl beat together the cream cheese, dill/mint leaves, garlic until smooth."
2. Transfer the mixture to a pastry bag or a Ziploc bag."
3. Pipe the herbed cream cheese mixture onto each cucumber round."
4. Garnish each cucumber with a sprig of green and red capsicum and coriander on top."
5. Serve immediately or cover and store in the fridge until ready to enjoy."
1. On a thin long strip of cucumber spread the mixture smoothly and roll it securing it with a toothpick."
- Adding herbs to your sandwich or snacks will escalate the flavor and taste. You could mince herbs fine to blend into spreads or cut them up in small pieces or leave them in small sprigs to add to sandwiches. For garnishes, leave the herbs just as you pick them, in their whole-leaf or flower splendor.