No bake mac and cheese is incredibly simple. Actually, this recipe uses 4 basic ingredients. I usually make this up during the week because it’s so simple and easy. Give it a try and let us know what you think. This no bake mac and cheese is so veratile there are so many things you can do with it. For example you can add addition spices such as garlic, basil, onion powder, paprika, etc. You might want to finely chop a green onion and add it in. You could use 3 or 4 different cheeses or add a can of diced tomatoes in. The list is endless.
- PREP TIME 15 MINS
- COOKING TIME 20 MINS
- SERVES 4-5
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups cheese, shredded
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 cups elbow noodles
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh chopped Parsley for garnish
Method 1. Add 1/2 cup of milk and 2 tbsp of flour to a small bowl. Mix until well combined and lump free. "
2. Pour the other cup of milk into a sauce pan. Heat over medium heat stirring constantly. When the milk gets hot, not boiling, add in the flour and milk mixture. Reduce the heat to low and stir for 3 or four minutes until it becomes think."
3. Add the cheese in and stir constantly until the mixture becomes smooth and creamy."
4. Put the elbow noodles into the cheese mixture. Stir until the noodles and well coated."
5. Serve and enjoy your no bake mac and cheese."
Plating / Presentation We will plate this is small bowl with a red napkin, spoon and folk Must Have Red Napkin "
- The first step to perfect mac and cheese is to get your pasta just right. The easiest way to do this is by adding plenty of salt to your water, which will ensure your pasta is well seasoned once cooked, and never ends up bland.
- When choosing which pasta shape to cook, opt for a small variety with plenty of crevices to hold the sauce. The obvious choice is classic elbow pasta, but you can also choose another variety such as fusilli or farfalle.
- No matter what cheese you choose, make sure you are generous with the quantities. There is a reason cheese is in the title of this recipe, so don’t hold back. You want the final dish to be creamy, decadent and rich, and extra cheese is the way to do it.
- Make that simple mac and cheese your own by throwing in everything from sautéed mushrooms to fried bacon, or your favourite herbs. Other inclusions range from caramelised onions to diced sundried tomatoes. Here are a few recipes with even more added extras to get you started: