Lasuni Paneer Tikka is one of the best paneer recipes that can be served as a starter. Learn the step by step ways to cook Lasuni Paneer Tikka by chef Afraz Shaikh.
- PREP TIME 1 MINS
- COOKING TIME 5 MINS
- SERVES 2-3
- 850 gms cottage cheese (paneer), cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 tbsp garlic (lasun) paste
- 3 teaspoons tandoori masala
- 1/2 cup Hung yogurt
- 2 tbsp fresh cream
- 1 tbsp chopped Garlic
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander leaves Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon carom seeds (ajwain) powder
- 1 teaspoon chaat masala
- 3 tbsp roasted gram flour (besan)
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 tbsp Mustard oil
- Oil for greasing
- Chaat masala for sprinkling
- Salad for serving
1. Slit the cottage cheese cubes without cutting through."
2. Mix together 1 tablespoon garlic paste and 2 teaspoons tandoori masala in a bowl and apply the mixturebetween the slits of cottage cheese cubes."
3. To prepare marinade, mix together hung yogurt, cream, chopped garlic, remaining garlic paste, green chilli, coriander leaves, salt, turmeric powder, chilli powder, remainingtandoori masala, carom seed powderand gram flour in a bowl. Add vinegar and mustard oil and mix well. "
4. Add the prepared cottage cheese cubes to the marinade and mix well. Refrigerate to marinate for 1-1½ hours."
5. Preheat oven to 200° C."
6. Grease a baking tray with some oil and place the marinated cottage cheese cubes. Put the tray into the preheated oven and bake for 6-8 minutes."
7. Sprinkle chaat masala on top and serve hot with salad."
- While making Paneer Curries, Paneer should always be added at the last stage of the dish. Once the dish is done, then add paneer cubes or chunks and gently mix the paneer with the gravy base or mixture. Cook for 1 minute. Don’t overcook for more time as the paneer will become rubbery and hard.
- You can also fry the paneer in oil and then add it to the dish. While frying ensure that the oil is hot moderately before you add the paneer cubes to the pan. Fry till it becomes light brown. Don’t over fry it as it may become hard.