- PREP TIME 20 MINS
- COOKING TIME 30 MINS
- SERVES 4-5
- 4 large boiled and mashed potatoes
- Garlic powder
- 1 cup spring onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped chives
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Salt to taste
- 4 tbsp All-purpose flour
- Oil to shallow fry
- 3-4 cups Bread crumbs
- Sour cream to garnish
- Mint leaves to garnish
Mashed Potatoes: Cook until easily pierced with fork. Drain well and mash in 4 tbsp butter then let cool to room temp. Mashed potatoes can be made 1 - 3 days ahead."
Pancakes: In a large mixing bowl, combine mashed potatoes, shredded mozzarella cheese, flour and chopped onions and chives. Use a potato masher to mash the mixture together until well mixed. If the potatoes are too loose to hold a patty shape, add flour a Tablespoon at a time. Place a heaping tablespoonful of potato mixture between your palms and form into a round, thick patty and now cut it into your desired shape. Dredge both sides of the pancake in bread crumbs and set on a cutting board. Repeat with remaining pancakes. Heat a large non-stick pan over medium heat with enough oil to lightly cover the bottom of the pan. Once oil is hot, add patties in a single layer and sauté 3-4 minutes per side or until golden brown. Repeat with remaining patties, adding more oil as needed."
Plating / Presentation We will plate it on a white plate with sour cream in between."
Must Have Ice cream scoop, non-stick pan, 4 sheets of think transparent plastic, bread shape cutter."
- Store cheese in a refrigerator drawer. Avoid storing in the door, where it is vulnerable to temperature swings. Wrap hard cheeses in waxed paper, then store them in a zip-top plastic bag to preserve quality.
- Freeze soft cheese before grating. For easier grating, place softer cheeses in the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes beforehand.
- To preserve the abundance of nutrients in your potato, cook them in their skins. Steam or microwave your potatoes, instead of boiling, as water naturally drains some of the nutrients from food cooked in it. If you do boil potatoes, consider using that water to moisten your mashed potatoes or in soup.