1. Heat oil in a non-stick kadai. Add onions and sauté till golden brown. "
2. Add ginger-garlic paste and sauté. Add chopped tomatoes and tomato puree, mix well and cook till the tomatoes soften. "
3. Add turmeric powder, cumin powder, chilli powder and mix well. Add 2-3 tablespoons water and stir well. Add salt, mix and cook till the oil separates. "
4. Add cashew nut-melon seed paste, mix well and cook for a few seconds. Add prawns and mix. "
5. Add dried fenugreek leaves powder and mix. Addcapsicum, onions, tomatoes, and mix well. Add kadai masala, mix well and cook for 1-2 minutes"
6. Serve hot garnished with coriander leaves. "
- Devein the prawn before you cook it. Deveining prawn is very easy to do. While prawns can be cooked and eaten with or without the vein, most people remove it. This is more for presentation rather than taste, but leaving the vein in can result in a gritty taste when it is bitten into. Just remember, the vein is the digestive tract of the prawn, so more times than not, you will probably want to remove it.
Marinated the prawns in salt and turmeric before adding the main ingredients or kadai masala.