Learn how to make Tandoori chicken by chef Afraz shaikh only on cookmydish.in
- PREP TIME 1 MINS
- COOKING TIME 25 MINS
- SERVES 2
- 750 grams whole chicken, cut into 4 pieces on the bone
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 tbsp Ginger paste
- 1 lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup Hung yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon red chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon Kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1.5 tbsp Kashmiri red chilli paste
- 1 teaspoon Chaat masala for sprinkling
- Black salt to taste
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp gram flour (besan)
- 1.5 teaspoon carom seeds (ajwain)
- 1 tbsp Mustard oil
- Butter for basting
- Onion roundels for serving
Method 1. Make incisions in chicken pieces and put in a large bowl. Add garlic paste, ginger paste, lemon juice and salt and mix well. Set aside to marinate for 30-40 minutes. "
2. Combine hung yogurt, garam masala powder, chilli flakes, chilli powder, Kashmiri red chilli paste, 1 teaspoonchaat masala, black salt and salt in a bowl and whisk well. "
3. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a non-stick pan, add gram flour and carom seeds and sauté on low heat till gram flour is fragrant."
4. Add the gram flour mixture to yogurt mixture and whisk well. "
5. Add yogurt mixture and mustard oil to the marinated chicken pieces and mix well. Set aside to marinate for 1 hour. "
6. Preheat oven to 200° C."
7. Heat remaining oil in a deep non-stick pan. Place the marinated chicken pieces and cook from both sides till golden brown."
8. Place the cooked chicken pieces on a baking tray. Put the tray into the preheated oven and bake for 10-15 minutes, basting with some butter."
9. Sprinkle some chaat masala and serve hot with onion roundelsand pudinyachi chutney."
- Remove skin from chicken pieces, and cut slits into them lengthwise. Mix it with curd or yoghurt and keep aside for 45 mins to 1 hour before cooking. This would help the chicken to become soft and tender.
- Preheat the oven before cooking.
- Brush the chicken pieces with a bit of ghee to make the chicken bit moister and soft.