One of the most versatile foods of summer season is the Watermelon. There is so much to love about this fruit. You can plan to keep it simple or use it in making salad, juices, granitas etc and much more. Honestly i enjoy the fruit as it is but my lo does not. And so I came up with a fun way to eat watermelon with your kids.
I have crafted a beautiful looking Flamingo made of Watermelon. The perfect pinkish color matches with the Flamingo color and hence this creation is one of my favorite. It’s not only a fun way to eat watermelon but also ensures kids get the right dose of nutrition.
Steps for making the Foodart
- Google out a cartoon clip art of flamingo on the web
- Once I selected the design, I just divided the flamingo into 4 parts
- I cut the watermelon in a two halves
- I took one of the half side and cut it parallel to the thickness i needed – like a disc shape
- With basic kitchen knife I made the desired shapes and ensured not a inch of the watermelon should get wasted
- All I had to do now was assemble the shapes and make a flamingo out of it
- To give a perfect look to the flamingo I added
- Apple and Prunes to make a realistic beak
- And made eyes with a watermelon seed
- Voila, The Flamingo Watermelon is ready to be eaten.
Well this was one of the fun way to eat watermelon. You can make a boat, mountains and other cartoon character with it. Hope you enjoyed this foodart made with just one ingredient i.e watermelon.