- PREP TIME 30 MINS
- COOKING TIME 30 MINS
- SERVES 6
- 4 cup chicken stock
- 500 gms boneless chicken mince
- ½ cup walnut paste
- 2 Green Chillies
- 1 tsp Ginger paste
- 3 elaichi
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp red chilly paste
- 1 tsp Jeera
- 2 tsp fresh cream
- salt (To taste)
- pinch Garam masala
- coriander leaves
Take 500gm boneless minced chicken into a medium bowl. Add some jeera powder, garam masala, red chilli powder and salt. Blend everything thoroughly and make small balls of chicken Koftas (any shape and size)"
In a pan add 4 cups of chicken stock, 3 green cardamoms to give a flavor to the stock, get it to boil. And put chicken koftas directly in the chicken stock. Simmer the heat and let the koftas cook for some time."
Heat the oil for gravy in a pan; add boiled onion paste along with ginger garlic paste, some green chillies and a spoon of Elaichi powder. Keep on stirring. Then add 2 teaspoon of tomato puree, ½ cup of walnut paste, stir it well, then add 2tablespoon fresh cream. "
Now add some chicken stock for smooth paste and add all the koftas in to this. Give a gentle Mix. And boil it for a minute until everything is heated through. Turn it off. Your silky beautiful chicken koftas are ready. Garnish with cherry tomatoes, mint and walnut. "
- Always make stock in large quantity and freeze it in plastic bags. That way, when you want to make a nice soup or boil veggies, you can simply pull the bag out of the freezer.
- Koftas can be deep fried, instead of cooking in the chicken stock; it will be tastier than this.
- We can use cashew nut or badam paste also for this dish.
- Give a gentle fry to onion, garlic and ginger, before making the paste. Its gives a special aroma to the dish.