- PREP TIME 10 MINS
- COOKING TIME 5 MINS
- SERVES 2-3
- 2 cups muri/murmura ((puffed rice))
- 4 tbsp aamchur
- 4 tbsp sev ((Bengal gram vermicelli) )
- 3 tbsp raw peanuts
- 2 tbsp fresh coconut ((thinly sliced) )
- 1 green chili ((very finely chopped) )
- 1 Onion ((finely chopped) )
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves ((chopped))
- boiled potato ((peeled and chopped))
- 1 tomato ((finely chopped) )
- 1 tsp mustard oil
- oil from pickle
- 1/2 tsp juice of lemon
Heat up a frying pan and toast some raw peanuts. Toast the peanuts in simmer. "
Take a bowl add 2 cups of puffed rice (Bhel / Muri), 2 tbsp of sev (vermicelli) into the bowl. Add boiled potato cubes, freshly chopped tomatoes, finely chopped onions, salt, dry mango powder (Aamchur powder), finely chopped coconut, some chopped green chilly and mix it well. Once this is mixed add the toasted peanuts into it and mix it again. You could add a dash of oil (any oil) or oil from the pickle as it adds a pickle flavor to the snack. "
Add a teaspoon of lemon juice and add some finely chopped coriander leaves and mix it very well. Jhal Muri is ready to serve. Enjoy!"
- When you are roasting or toasting any kinds of nuts be very careful as these nuts have natural oils in them they tend to burn very fast. So, toast it in low flame.
- Use low cholesterol oils