- PREP TIME 15 MINS
- COOKING TIME 30 MINS
- SERVES 3
- 6 large pieces Boneless chicken
- 1 cup onion paste
- 1 teaspoon Ginger paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1/2 teaspoon kesar dissolved in milk
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 4 teaspoon cashew nut paste
- 1 cup curd
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 tablespoon whole cloves and green cardamoms
- 1/2 cup oil
- 3/4 cup cream
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- salt (As per as taste.)
Marinate the chicken with 1 tablespoon of red chilli powder, 3 tablespoon curd and 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste and a pinch of salt. Mix it nicely and keep aside for 3 to 4 hours."
Heat 3 tablespoon oil in a heavy duty pan, add 3 green cardamom, 3 cloves and a spring of bay leaves. Roast it nicely to come out of the original flavor of these spices. Then add 1 tablespoon of Onion paste, a teaspoon ginger garlic paste. Fry it for some times. Then add the marinated chicken in to this. Mix it well, cover it and simmer for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, add the dry spices like 1 tablespoon coriander powder, 1 teaspoon of red chilli powder, 4 tablespoon of cashew nut paste as well and some salt to season."
Mix it well and add ½ teaspoon saffron milk. This gives a great flavor of saffron and a fabulous colour to this dish. To finish with add ¾ cup fresh cream. Cover it and keep for 10 to 15 minutes in very low flame until the chicken become soft and tender. Finally add some fresh coriander leaves."
Your Royal, Fabulous, Juicy Saffron chicken is ready to serve. Garnish with coriander leaves and Saffron."
- Use deep vessels to cook chicken for proper cooking and avoid splashing of juices / masala / gravy all around the place.
- Make ginger, garlic paste in bulk and store in the refrigerator to save the time of cooking.
- Keep coriander leaves in an air tight container in the refrigerator to keep them fresh for a long time.
- Always use sharp knives. Not only is it safer but it will make your work much more efficient.