- PREP TIME 15 MINS
- COOKING TIME 20 MINS
- SERVES 4
- 1 c cup hopped fenugreek ( (methi))
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour ( (gehun ka atta))
- 1/3 cup besan ((Bengal gram flour))
- 1/2 tsp ginger-green chilli paste
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder ( (haldi))
- 1/4 tsp Garam masala
- 1 tsp oil
- oil (for greasing)
Start cooking by mixing the finely chopped fenugreek leaves (methi) with 1/3 cup of Bengal gram flour (besan) and 1/3 cup of whole-wheat flour. Add a pinch of salt, some garam masala, some chilly paste, some ginger paste, a little turmeric powder, a little bit of sugar and mix it up and add a ¼ cup of water and make a nice dough. While mixing the dough add a little lemon juice and rest the dough for 15-20 minutes."
Once the dough is ready, make small balls. Take a pan and heat ½ cup of vegetable oil. When the oil is hot, start sliding the balls to the oil and fry it. Turn the pieces once they’re cooked. It will have a little brownish colour after they’re fried."
After frying, take the balls out and place it on a tissue paper so that it absorbs all the oil. You could serve it along with some nice green chutney."
- Washing leafy vegetable in warm water would help reduce the level of contamination of soil, water, bacteria etc.
- Heat the oil proper before you start sliding the balls for frying.
- Always fry the food in low simmer.
- Do not slide anything to fry in cold oil as the food may end up absorbing more oil.